Brion Sprinsock presented information and recommendations regarding the impact of vacation rentals on the availability of affordable housing, the local economy, city finances, schools, and low-wage workers. Check out: www/unfairbnb.net for a thorough discussion of the issues and to view three incredible maps that show the encroachment of short-term rentals on the community of Santa Cruz.
- Officers for 2017-18 were elected: Sandra Nichols, president; Shawn Orgel-Olson, vice-president; Nancy Krusoe, treasurer; Judy Geer and Franco Picarella, recording secretary; Pete Shanks, corresponding secretary.
- It was decided that the annual retreat would take the place of a July General Meetin…
Submit to PDC executive committee for review at
firstname.lastname@example.org by July 6. The
committee may respond in one of four ways:
- Accept the proposal for presentation at the PDC retreat on July 23,
- Request further clarification or additional information,
- Suggest your proposal be combined with another similar proposal, or
- Reject the proposal as one not within PDC priorities or capacity.
Accepted proposals -will be presented at the retreat
orally and in print. Information to be provided:
1. Goal of project: specific solution to a problem (i.e.; "establish mini-house village to provide housing
un-housed" as opposed to "reduce homelessness". )